Our Story


Historic Building and History 1900-present

Historic Library Building

1900-1984
Our storefront has a long history of service to the La Conner community prior to our arrival as Latitude-Longitude La Conner.

Built in 1900, 509 South 1st Street originally housed the town Library. The concrete structure with 1000 sq. ft. of library interior was warmed by a wood burning stove. Blueprints dated 1947 show plans for a renovation.

The building underwent at least two additional construction projects resulting in a change to the roof structure, elevating the street façade and addition of a 700 sq. ft. storage room.

Old Memorial Library Renovation Blueprints from 1947

 

Bears and Friends

1984-2020
With a passion and a dream, entrepreneurial Lisa Wooding opened a specialty boutique. As an importer of collectible Steiff bears from Germany, she created a magical world of childhood fantasy and possibilities. She would host education and enrichment events such as story time and Steiff movies. Bears and Friends was an integral part of the community and a tourist destination for 26 years.

Latitude-Longitude La Conner

2020-present
After renovating the interior of this 120 year old building, Latitude-Longitude La Conner opened it’s doors in January 2021 amidst a global pandemic. We are proud and excited to be a part of the Historic District and the La Conner community.